This will hopefully make your life easier! I’ve compiled a list of my favorite substitutes to use in cooking. Have you used any of them before?
- Rice = Cauliflower Rice. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor or you can now buy cauliflower rice in most stores and just use it in place of rice – it’s so much better for you.
- French Fries = Sweet Potatoes! No, sweet potato fries don’t count. Let’s stay away from fried foods and bake them instead. Peel a sweet potato, cut it up into small cubes or slices and bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes! You can add a little sea salt ad voila.
- Pasta = Quinoa. This ancient grain provides protein ( a lot more than pasta) and also metabolizes differently and gives you energy. You can also use shredded spaghetti squash or spiralized zucchini noodles as a replacement as well. Yum!
- Sweets = Blueberries. Blueberries are full of antioxidants and will curb your craving for sweets. Eat them to your heart’s content and eat them alone since fruit should be consumed alone.
Let me know if you will try any of these tips!
Simple salad for lunch & homemade dressing. If there’s one thing important about salads…it’s to try to make your own dressings so you know what is in them. Greens are very low calorie foods but high in nutrients & phtyochemicals, so we need to be adding hearty goodness & healthy fats to our salads to ensure proper caloric intake.
Hi Friends! I have an incredible cookie recipe for you. Easy, 5 ingredients, Dairy-Free, Gluten/Grain Free, high in protein and amazing in taste.
- 1 Jar (16 oz) Cashew Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 TBL baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 C Coconut Nectar (coconut sugar)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl (that’s literally all you have to do!). Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes on a greased cooking sheet or with parchment paper. I garnished the top of each cookie w/ 1-2 dairy-free chocolate chips. *They expand when they cook so leave room between cookies.*
Add these HIIT leg workout moves to your next workout for toning of the legs!
Click here for video
As requested, my morning routine:
1. Immediately upon waking…think of something I’m grateful for
2. Listen to uplifting podcasts before work
3. Drink 36 oz. of water within 1-2 hours
4. Drink 1 cup of organic green tea (Numi brand is my fave)…
5. Be kind to people, smile and keep gratitude at the top of my mind
6. Try to find a good deed for the day to help others (thx, Dad!)
7. Start the day w/ smoothie or steel cut oats w/ nuts
8. Put on my favorite Pandora station and jam out some work
Lavender oil has so many uses! It’s such a versatile oil. Here are my top 4 ways to use it:
1. Diffuse or spray on your pillow to enhance sleep quality.
2. One of the only safe oils for babies/kids. *Dillute* and use on bottom of feet to promote sleep. Diffuse in their room at night but put the diffuser across the room to make sure they don’t have a reaction. You never know!
3. Rub a drop in your temples for headaches or migraines.
4. Apply directly to burns/bites to soothe pain and aid in healing.
Hope you enjoy!
The tip of the day today is about castile soap! I am obsessed with this stuff and now you can be too. Did you know how versitle it is?? Check out the article below for secret tips!
Holistic Health Tip of the Day- 7: The 4 things to avoid in your sunscreen! Most conventional sunscreens break the blood/brain barrier and go directly into our bodies. It’s important to find ways to decrease our toxic load. Read the article below for tips.
Click here for article
So…..oops, I forgot to post the daily HH tips over here this week! I’m already posting to Facebook & Twitter and thought it was redundant.
Join me on Facebook or Twitter for daily tips (links on home page).
I’m starting a 30-Day kickoff for my new “Holistic Health Tip of the Day” series.
Day 1: try to start your day off with something that alkalizes your body. Drink a 20-36 oz. of room temp, filtered water with lemon or start with a green smoothie. Green smoothies in particular because greens like kale, spinach, cucumber, parsley, celery, etc. are alkalizing, meaning they bring our bodies back to their most optimal state internally and on the cellular level. You can add apples, mangoes and frozen fruits too. Besides your doctor, you can test your Ph levels with these strips from Amazon…💚