This will hopefully make your life easier! I’ve compiled a list of my favorite substitutes to use in cooking. Have you used any of them before?
- Rice = Cauliflower Rice. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor or you can now buy cauliflower rice in most stores and just use it in place of rice – it’s so much better for you.
- French Fries = Sweet Potatoes! No, sweet potato fries don’t count. Let’s stay away from fried foods and bake them instead. Peel a sweet potato, cut it up into small cubes or slices and bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes! You can add a little sea salt ad voila.
- Pasta = Quinoa. This ancient grain provides protein ( a lot more than pasta) and also metabolizes differently and gives you energy. You can also use shredded spaghetti squash or spiralized zucchini noodles as a replacement as well. Yum!
- Sweets = Blueberries. Blueberries are full of antioxidants and will curb your craving for sweets. Eat them to your heart’s content and eat them alone since fruit should be consumed alone.
Let me know if you will try any of these tips!
Hi! Happy Spring.
Why do we always want to clean in Spring? Is it the fresh beginnings and new growth happening in nature that inspires us to start new?
I find it’s the perfect time to set ourselves up for the rest of the year and let go of all of the old, heavy energy of Winter. I try to practice these habits all year but here are some of my favorite Spring detox ideas below:
- Clear out your clutter. I’m not sure if you know this about me but I’m a huge fan of minimalism. I got on the bandwagon in 2014 and haven’t looked back since. It has changed my life on so many levels. I’ll go deeper on this topic in another post but for now lets focus on cleaning out our closets, cupboards, garage and any other areas with junk. Throw out all of that junk and items you want to donate and let’s march forward (get it….it’s March), and let’s bask in the lightness it brings.
- Do a 1-week food cleanse. I believe every Spring (and any other time of year you need), we should give our bodies a break from poor eating habits, bad digestion and wasted energy. I’m a huge fan of food detoxes because really, who enjoys starving? Eating plant-based for one week is my favorite suggestion for everyone since it re-calibrates your digestion, it lightens the load on your digestive system and it cleans you out from the inside out. Make sure to take a good probiotic while you’re doing this.
- Go on an adventure and do something fun. We’ve just been stuck indoors for how many months during Winter? Now it’s time to get outside and do something fun! Go somewhere, do something that makes you happy and really enjoy yourself because life is short.
- Do something outside of your comfort zone. I am a HUGE FAN of doing this. It will change your life on a deep level, overcoming fears and pushing yourself beyond your own self-limiting boundaries. Do it without thinking, just do it. That’s how I do it, because by nature, I’d want to be scared and hide but now I just force myself to do things that scare me and not look back.
I hope these ideas inspire you to take some action and start your Spring off with a bang.
When I said it was simple, I meant it. I am a one-pot meal master! No measurements, no fuss, just simple and fresh ingredients and throw them all in a pot!
Here’s what I used for this meal:
-pressed garlic, sesame oil, sea salt, onion powder, maple syrup
Cut the veggies however you want, add the spices to your own tasting preference and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat!
Simply put: we are all made differently with different genes, lifestyles, diets, makeups, habits, bodies.
There is no correct diet for all- it doesn’t exist! Eating must be intuitive & planned in a way that supports YOU, no one else….and no that’s not a free pass to eat donuts.
We must eat with intention & eat for fuel. Our bodies are not garbage cans so it’s crucial we put good food into them.
Ok….so I have an obsession with toxic chemicals. I’m always looking for ways to clean up my products, living practices and my home environment. I’ve been into this stuff since forever ago but it really started peaking my interest in 2003 when I attended a natural health college. I learned SO MUCH about natural health and natural “green” living and it sparked something inside me.
I love to teach….educate….share. I want to help people. I want people to feel better and detoxify their lives. I want to provide simple solutions to those same people.
I found this video that really is worth the roughly 7 minutes of your time. It helps simplify things when it comes to chemicals in our products and WHY it’s crucial that we ditch them for good.
Video Link Here
Simple salad for lunch & homemade dressing. If there’s one thing important about salads…it’s to try to make your own dressings so you know what is in them. Greens are very low calorie foods but high in nutrients & phtyochemicals, so we need to be adding hearty goodness & healthy fats to our salads to ensure proper caloric intake.
Hi Friends! I have an incredible cookie recipe for you. Easy, 5 ingredients, Dairy-Free, Gluten/Grain Free, high in protein and amazing in taste.
- 1 Jar (16 oz) Cashew Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 TBL baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 C Coconut Nectar (coconut sugar)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl (that’s literally all you have to do!). Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes on a greased cooking sheet or with parchment paper. I garnished the top of each cookie w/ 1-2 dairy-free chocolate chips. *They expand when they cook so leave room between cookies.*
Add these HIIT leg workout moves to your next workout for toning of the legs!
Click here for video
As requested, my morning routine:
1. Immediately upon waking…think of something I’m grateful for
2. Listen to uplifting podcasts before work
3. Drink 36 oz. of water within 1-2 hours
4. Drink 1 cup of organic green tea (Numi brand is my fave)…
5. Be kind to people, smile and keep gratitude at the top of my mind
6. Try to find a good deed for the day to help others (thx, Dad!)
7. Start the day w/ smoothie or steel cut oats w/ nuts
8. Put on my favorite Pandora station and jam out some work
Do you have adrenal fatigue? This topic is super important and I love spreading awareness on it. We are bombarded by stresses, toxins and unhealthy sleep habits that are causing major problems in our bodies.
Why do we do this to ourselves? Not enough hours in the day? Work comes first? Too much on your plate? Read this great article for more info: Link Here
I am a smoothie freak! I also just realized this one does have 2 ingredients but I forgot that I added plant-based protein powder, so really…..it has 3!
I’ve been using one of the two combo’s:
Kale + Apple
Kale + Mango
Then I either add plain, vanilla or chocolate plant-based protein powder depending on my mood. Which ones you ask? Either OrGain, SunWarrior, Amazing Grass or Growing Naturals. All available at health food stores & Heather approved.